This is Barge Hall at Central Washington University. It was built in 1894 as the first building for the Washington State Normal School at Ellensburg, three years after the school was established.
Normal Schools provided an education for teachers to work in the public school system when Washington became a state. In the beginning students attended free of charge in order to attract people to the profession, since teacher pay was so low and the rapidly expanding public schools were in great need of qualified teachers.
Barge Hall was named after Benjamin Franklin Barge, who was the school’s president for its first three years. It’s on the National Register of Historic Places.